Saturday, December 1, 2018

Avastin not working

MRI last week has shown the tumor has grown 10-15% compared to MRI 8 weeks ago.It's smashing into the left ventricle (cavity that holds spinal fluid for the brain) . you can see the ventricle as the black areas in the pictures in a previous post:
https://edslas.blogspot.com/2018/09/recurrence-three.html

The ventricle by the new tumor now is almost smashed closed. I guess I'm kinda lucky it smashed into  fluid filled cavity, smashing into brain tissue would lead to further neurological problems. Currently, my left leg is getting more week and has loss of sensation. A couple days ago while trying to change shoes, I tried to put on my new left shoe before taking off the old one and could not figure out why it would not go on. I walked away with two shoes on my left foot.

I am meeting with a radiation oncologist on Monday to talk about the possibility of proton therapy. I was told back in 2010 that this was not an option because my tumor was too big for the very precise proton therapy. Now I have a bigger tumor,  it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say. I am also concerned if insurance would cover it. I've read stories of people paying for it out of pocket.

It will be an interesting couple months.




2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed, I happened to come across your blog. I used to work with you at Ingenient. Just wanted to say hi. I'll keep reading. Mike Eberhardt

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment without an account, set the 'Comment as:' to 'Anonymous', Type your message then click 'Post Comment' Be sure to leave your name in the comment so one can tell who wrote it.