Monday, November 19, 2018

Breathing Problems

Ever since I started the Avastin/Steriods a couple months ago  I have experienced  shortness of breath and chest pain when I take a deep breath. The deep breath pain happens even at rest, the shortness of breath after mild activity, such as getting dressed.  In my typical fashion, I decided to wait and see if it goes away. Well it didn't, and oncologist said to go see my PCP.
My PCP prescribed:

Omeprazole(Prilosec) 40 mg capsule / 1x/day
a proton pump inhibitor that decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Montelukast (Singulair) 10 mg tablet / 1x/day
Montelukast is used to prevent asthma attacks and also used to prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm

He told me that if I don't feel better in three or four days to get a ultrasound of my abdomen to see if there is a buildup of fluid and a Pulmonary function test to see if my lungs are working right. He added that if I do feel better to keep taking this medication for 30 days. I'm at day two taking these meds.

On a happier note, I have not had any of those terrible leg cramps since I stopped the steroids.

I've had 5 Avistan infusions so far. Next MRI/ oncologist visit is at the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment without an account, set the 'Comment as:' to 'Anonymous', Type your message then click 'Post Comment' Be sure to leave your name in the comment so one can tell who wrote it.