Sunday, April 10, 2011

Feeling good going into 1 year of Chemotherapy

Brain Surgery to get a tumor biopsy, $125,000.00
6 Weeks brain radiation treatment, $60,000.00
1 month Chemo Prescription, $10,000.00

Taking your son to the bating cages, priceless.
 Health insurance is up there too.

Being back at work, I have been kinda ignoring my medical bills, I was putting them aside and telling myself I would look at them next weekend. Did you ever notice how next weekend sometimes slips by without you noticing? I had accumulated about twenty envelopes from the hospital and the insurance company. I felt good enough to go through them yesterday. A couple were from a collection agency saying I didn't pay my bills. Recall my sister went through all this with a fine tooth comb and told me exactly what I owed. I paid that amount - what is the dang problem? Digging into it, I found that the hospital did not credit my account for the check I sent. I called the bank, they said the hospital cashed it. Need to call the hospital next week. I still have all the bills for the radiation treatment to go through. On first glance, they have charged me for $5000 in treatments while I was in Florida. Hmmmmmmm.

My point is that I am taking on some additional tasks outside of work, and have been able to get together with friends to shoot the breeze. Lets hope I can keep my energy up when I go back on Chemo this week.

1 comment:

  1. Fight those bills Ed, if you need any help, let me know, I like to stick it to the insurance companies
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment without an account, set the 'Comment as:' to 'Anonymous', Type your message then click 'Post Comment' Be sure to leave your name in the comment so one can tell who wrote it.