Monday, October 17, 2016

Its back, again.

Its been Six years after diagnosis. I have not been writing much. I have been feeling great and the MRI's have been stable.

I had an appointment with my neuro-oncologist today and he had some disappointing news. A new spot has showed up on the MRI taking contrast. These spots have come and go over the years, but this one stands out and looks to be trouble. It is in the middle of the diffuse tumor that also looks like it has grown over the past 18 months. The doctors at Rush had indicated the diffuse tumor was growing a couple years back - but it was not obvious. Now it is.

He said I have three options,
- Wait and see. I am in good health and have no symptoms.
- PCV Chemotherapy. Ewwwewah.
- Biopsy/Resection. My doctor is concerned about doing more harm than good here.

One of my sisters reminded me that there is also Cyber Knife the doctors at Rush University suggested. I need to talk to the doctor  on why this option was not suggested.

My doctor is going to present my case to the tumor board this Friday and we go back to discuss options in detail on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment without an account, set the 'Comment as:' to 'Anonymous', Type your message then click 'Post Comment' Be sure to leave your name in the comment so one can tell who wrote it.