Monday, March 7, 2011

Trying to be normal in front of strangers, and not being a drag

Holly and I went to a party at a friends house last Friday night. The party was pretty cool, the front man from the Smithereens (Pat DiNizzo) performed. I was nervous going because I knew that there were going to be several people there that were 'friends of friends' and I did not know who knew about my special condition. I do not bring up my condition in a casual conversation...it usually leads to sad stories about people they knew/know that are sick. So someone would ask 'How are you doing?'....and I do not know how to respond. If I'd say 'just fine, and you?', and they knew I was having problems, I fear coming off as callous and distant.

Then some close friends would ask the same, and I do not want to get into any details as to not be a drag at a party (aka Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live See her here).

So I apologize if I seem distant when you talk to me in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment without an account, set the 'Comment as:' to 'Anonymous', Type your message then click 'Post Comment' Be sure to leave your name in the comment so one can tell who wrote it.